Welcome to a behind the scenes look into the life and times of Aran Healy and David Grega; the two sommeliers, friends, and visionaries behind Carlotta Cellars.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Moved to tears....

I consider the day a success if I am moved to tears. Tears of Joy or sadness, tears of passion and appreciation. Open yourself, allow things to move you, tears are nothing less than emotional nirvana. One has reached the height of his or her emotional capacity when tears fall freely, without shame or worry. There is a good chance you will never learn more about yourself then the moments you relinquish all command over your true feelings. It is said that you don't realize what you have until it is gone. Unfortunately this is true because we naturally guard ourselves from feeling and expressing the full spectrum of emotions we hold inside. Drastic measures cause us to let go, allowing us to truly "feel" for what it is that has left our lives. Letting go of this tendency to guard our emotions is difficult and takes both time and practice. The reward of letting life move you is never having to say..."if I only knew how I felt....if I only expressed how much I really cared" I am the most alive when I cry...I am the closest to "me" when I let my feelings be. To be moved to tears is a beautiful thing...!

No comments:

Post a Comment