Welcome to a behind the scenes look into the life and times of Aran Healy and David Grega; the two sommeliers, friends, and visionaries behind Carlotta Cellars.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Looking down


With Aran in Australia, I find myself visiting the winery in Saratoga much more often than before. Time to reflect on what Aran and I are doing with Carlotta Cellars is certainly in abundance these days. With the beautiful back drop of the silicon valley, perched a few thousand feet up the Santa Cruz mountains I find the quiet of this massive expanse to be almost ironic when juxtaposed with the constant pulsing of my own hopes and dreams. Down below there are tech start-ups finding success next to already thriving dynasties like google etc...I have a strong respect for those guys down there, although we are in different industries I believe the pursuit of happiness is something that we all share. These are the men standing near me in the Arena, fighting for what they can, fighting for a better life, a better community, all in all, a better way. The understanding that just down there so much is being done to change the world everyday is beyond inspirational. I often wonder, do any of those guys look up from their computers, out their window up at the mountain and think if only for a moment "I wonder who's making a difference up there, who is up there putting it all on the line for what they believe in?" Perhaps this is far from reality, but then again, perhaps not.

1 comment: